Saturday, January 23, 2016

Fest, Bourbon Creme Soda

I picked this up at the Mardi Gras grocery in the Marigny neighborhood, just east of the French Quarter. It's called "Fest, Bourbon Crème Soda". The first sip of this was a decent cream soda, but then there was an after taste. I guess it was their attempt to get the “bourbon” experience in this. They didn’t quite pull it off. The flavors are “natural”, so who knows what they used to simulate the booze. After a couple more sips I warmed up to it, but I wouldn’t get another one of these. There was a bit of that bitter, cured in oak barrel taste, but it didn’t blend with the rest of the soda. It wasn’t overly sweet, but it reminded me more of a cheap whiskey than a decent bourbon. It’s a novelty, but I don’t recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment